Is it just me, or have you noticed that there are more and more Memorial Day sales every year? It’s certainly a great time to stock up and save if you are in the market for say, a mattress, and nearly every major store has blow out prices up to 40% in some cases.
We are playing this year’s Memorial Day weekend as low key as we can. We are gardening, riding bikes around the neighborhood, baking pies, and heading to the pool, hence this fabulous collection of red, white & blue themed swim wear. I have to say that I was SO gaga over a friend’s gorgeous swimsuit at the pool last week that it inspired this entire post. So without further ado:
1. This suit has more style than your basic one piece, and the red color is sure to pop!
2. You can’t head to the pool or beach without the perfect tote aka mom bag, so might as well make it a stylish one!
3. My go to long-sleeved rash guard looks great with this simple yet full coverage bottom. And even better since JCrew has 30% off with code SWEET.
4. Lime Ricki is a favorite place for me to find great fitting suits, like this one shoulder gingham print. Everything at Lime Ricki 25% off through Monday with HELLOSUMMER. Quick sizing guide – I typically size UP in my suits at Lime Ricki.
5. Nothing is more important than sunscreen. I’ve been using the Supergoop! mineral sunscreen on my face because it does not leave me looking like a ghost but has great mineral blockers.
6. Save up to 30% at Elaine Turner with code SUMMERISHERE, including on this fabulous dress that doubles as the perfect coverup.
7. And finally, lucky #7 is the suit that started it all. My friend was wearing it in black, which is the color that I’m buying, too, but I have to say the white is HOTTTTT. I’m not sure I could pull if off…but if I could, or could muster up the courage, it would be my top pick.
And just to keep all of this shopping in perspective, I was just reading this very interesting article about how the spirit of Memorial Day has evolved over the years from a somber day to a celebration. Without a doubt, this weekend and especially Memorial Day, should be a day spent with gratitude and reverence for all of our men & women in the armed forces, and special prayers for those who have lost their lives fighting for our country.
All my love XO