I kind of feel that at this point in my parenthood, with a nearly 5 and 7 year old, that I’m kind of a professional. Nah, not really, BUT, I do feel like I’ve lived & learned a lot, and one thing I would do differently is how I originally planned for my babies’ arrivals. I over-registered and purchased way too many items, mostly clothing and gear we only used for a short period of time. If I could do it all over again, I would pull back greatly on the amount of STUFF I had. This also goes for gifts for new moms-to-be. I always try to purchase off their registry, but items I know they will actually use, and use well.
When the team at The Baby Cubby reached out to me to put together some top Luxe With Kids picks, I’ll happily dove into their bright & easy to navigate website. They carry all of the top brands that I love including some of the best eco friendly options out there. The Baby Cubby’s approach is to not be just “another baby store”, but truly want to be a resource for their customers through the amazing journey of parenthood, whether on the website, in the retail store, through social media or on their Cubby Community Blog. As a busy parent and someone who loves to find well made and quality baby items, I’m definitely a fan of their unique philosophy.
So without further ado, here is my list!
- Fun items to play with! The wooden toys from Plan Toys are some of my favorites, especially the roller rattle and keys. The Tegu blocks can be a bit pricy, but I promise your kiddos will find endless ways to play with them over the years. One thing I know for sure – you can never have enough books on your shelf OR start babies reading too early. These soft books are great for littles, and I just LOVE these books by Lucy Darling about adventures near and far.
- Clothing, swaddlers & bibs. Everyone needs them, but everyone gets WAY too many in my opinion. The babies grow so so quickly, a handful of quality footies are all you need at the beginning. The Aden & Anais swaddler blankets and bibs are some of my go-to staples for my own kiddos and for gifts. Even if you don’t use the blankets as a swaddle (I personally didn’t!), the lightweight fabric is soft as can be and can act as a play mat, diaper changing mat, burp cloth, sun shield – you name it!
- Fun for mama! Every mom needs a killer diaper bag, and this gorgeous bag looks like a chic handbag. The month-by-month stickers will help you share your sweet baby’s growth with style!
- Bath time must-haves. The Moby kneeler pad and faucet cover are as adorable as they will save your knees and your baby’s noggin. They are cute, fun, and look great in any bathroom! No joke, I just was kneeling on that exact little whale about an hour ago! #MomLife
- Sit, stand, drive and run with this fabulous gear that will last the test of time. I’m such a big fan of baby carrying, and the Ergo organic carrier is soft and rear facing so it’s best for baby’s hips, plus you can move it to your back once they get bigger. The Nuna LEAF bounce seat is simply designed and the perfect spot to let your baby have a little bouncy action, or when you have to, you know, cook dinner or use the restroom! I’m a big Britax car seat fan, and the main reason is because my children are STILL IN their Britax Boulevard car seats. They last through the growth spurts, are comfortable, and clean up easily. (Yeah, about that “no snacks in the car” rule? #NeverSayNever). And finally, possibly my favorite baby item of ALL, is the BOB revolution stroller. I actually have a double and I use it every day, still. Best investment ever. It turns on a dime and I can push 80+ collective lbs of little boy around like a boss.
- Let’s eat! The Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair looks as good as a highchair ever will AND it grows with the kids. Best yet? No small nooks & crannies for food to get stuck in. I love storing baby food in glass containers over plastic, and this drying rack will come in handy for years to come. It’s a great gift!
Another reason to check out The Baby Cubby is the team behind the brand. They are made up of parents who have “been there” and are passionate about encouraging, inspiring, and reminding parents how amazing they are and how important their role is. They spend hundreds of hours researching products, testing them out, and offering price match (even from amazon!), and free shipping nationwide (over $49) so you can shop confidently. Give them a look and while you’re at it, be sure to check out their Cubby Community Blog where they discuss all topics of parenting!
Shop now through Thursday, May 5th and receive 10% off your order with code LUXEWITHKIDS at checkout!
So tell me, what are YOUR top baby items? What could you not live without?
Author: Candace Thomas
Thanks to the team at The Baby Cubby for asking me to partner with them to put together this list of my must-have baby items. I received compensation in the form of product from The Baby Cubby as part of our collaboration, however, every item I put on this list I have personally used or gifted! As always, my recommendations are 100% honest and genuine!