Do you remember back in the day when bloggers would do a blog roll – a list of their favorite websites to read? I miss those days! Let’s get back to it, shall we? To get your Monday started, grab a cuppa coffee, and browse through these:
1. The Skimm. I usually read it on either the app or my daily email, but going to their site can give you a flavor for their timely and light hearted news coverage. The subject lines almost always make me smile, and if I don’t “get it” I feel worried that I’m losing touch, haha. Honestly, though, the world is basically falling apart, yet they make me smile everyday.
2. C.Style blog. I have the benefit of knowing this lovely woman (inside & out) in real life, and her emails/posts are the ones that I always read, without fail. Her style is flawless and unfussy, chic and cool and polished, and ALL OF IT. You’ll be this gaga over her, too, once you follow her.
3. Dallas Clayton. Mostly his instagram. This artist and author has such a unique style that I simply can’t scroll past his work. It’s simple, but it makes you think. It’s mostly for children (I think?) but I dunno, he sure does make me smile. I have to resist buying T shirts and posters and notebooks from his shop daily.
4. A friend turned me on to Smitten Kitchen a few years ago with this recipe for Clementine Cake (this is a GEM of a recipe, and I basically just gave you all the secret to my holiday party “I’ll bring dessert” claim). Not only do I love her recipes, but I love her vibe. She’s not trying to perfect every detail, rather, her style super approachable as are the recipes. This has been a favorite for us this summer.
5. The Bucket List Family is a dream in a bucket. They have an amazing back story and a zest for life I often want to jump through my screen and be mom friends with them. Their trips are way more adventurous than what we’ve taken, and maybe that’s why I love to follow them so much.
SO there you go! A little news, style, inspiration, food, and travel!