Can you believe how quickly time is going? Easter is on April 5th this year – less than three weeks away. I have the best memories of being a little girl and finding my basket on Easter morning. My mom always put together such personalized and exciting baskets, and would wrap them all up with colorful cellophane. I’m trying to repeat that tradition with my boys and hope they grow up loving Easter as much as I do. It’s all about finding some special treasures perfect for your little ones. Here are some top picks to make everyone smile:
1. A chocolate egg is a must in every Easter basket, but this year, upgrade it to a high quality chocolate like Green & Black’s Organic Milk Easter Egg and be sure to sneak a taste.
2. Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure. We have a tradition that the Easter Bunny always brings new books. In this funny tale great for toddlers – K, Pete the Cat surprised to find his Easter basket filled only with a note and bunny ears…and the silliness begins. Some books have removable posters and tear-out stickers, a bonus for your little one.
3. Easter Egg hunts, even around your own house and yard, are such fun and a great way to create traditions with your kiddos. Eco Eggs are made from non-toxic plant material and fully compostable after use. Good news for the lost little egg behind the bushes. Also be sure to check out their Eco Grass if you use a filler for your Easter baskets. It can be reused for many Easters to come and when you are finished with it you can dispose of eco grass in your paper recycle bin.
4. A cute stuffy is always welcomed by little girls and boys. I’m a little in love with Belle the Cow by Apple Park’s Organic Farm Buddies. The entire line of plush toys is made with organic cotton and hypoallergenic corn fiber filling. They come in many different animals and either the full doll, or a smaller/rattle version for babies. This little rascal named Robbie Raccoon is too cute.
5. This picture-perfect dress by cuteheads will make your little sweetheart feel like the belle of the ball. The mint and gold pattern is springy and modern, and the style is perfectly girly with the ruffled cap sleeves and bow in the back. The heirloom quality construction means this is a dress made to last and hand down.
6. I found this dish set by Green Toys at Tiny Geese, one of my go-to stores for children’s gifts. The Easter colors of the dishes will look darling in the basket and will live long past the holiday with pretend tea parties and BBQs. (My boys always pretend play grill master, like their daddy).
7. These Gap jammies are cute enough to pass for an outfit, I mean, at least at big sib’s school drop off, right? The entire spring line at Gap is darling, and I’m a huge fan of the construction of their sleepwear. It washes up great and retains its shape and color, and the short set is perfect for the upcoming summer season.
8. Confetti Eggs. These are new to our family and they are a HIT, quite literally. The squeals of laughter from cracking open a dozen of these babies is worth 10x the cost. Just be sure to take them outside and check your hair in the mirror for stray confetti before you run errands. True story.
9. Lego Painting Easter Eggs Set. Legos, need I say more? Ok, brain building, small motor skill developing, patience building, silence inducing LEGOS.
Happy Easter, everyone!
Author: Candace Thomas