Yikes, I’ve been a little MIA, but only from here – in real life, I’ve been beyond busy with so many great projects, all of which are creatively rewarding and challenging at the same time. Not to mention the repercussions of Hurricane Harvey and the continued recovery efforts underway in Houston. Add to that a couple of charity projects, and we have ourselves a full calendar.
That’s not to say that I haven’t been making notes of the best of the best to share, in fact, I’m posting this Friday Five list a day EARLY because I’m so excited to get the word out on these great finds. Take a look and let me know what you think!
- Unselfie. I picked up this book recently based on the title alone, and am really enjoying the read. I think it is a great parenting resource, but I’m also reflecting on my own behaviors and approach to situations.
- Baby Bjorn. No, I can’t carry my boys in these carriers anymore, sniff sniff, BUT I want to shout out to this incredible company for sending boxes and boxes of brand new carriers and potties for those who lost everything in Harvey. My sweet friend Rachel Pitzel secured and coordinated this generous donation, and I was blown away by the amount of boxes that showed up on my doorstep. So far I’ve found 2 amazing homes for the carriers and they are going directly to moms in need.
- Hallie Henley Sims. Hallie is an interior decorator and artist in Houston, and I purchased some of her prints that she was making with the proceeds going towards Harvey Relief. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see how I framed them in a clean gold metal frame and hung them as a pair in this delightful spot at the top of our staircase. Every time I look at them I’ll think about the hurricane and the aftermath – a life changing experience I’m not likely to forget regardless, but these beautiful pieces of art make me smile when I think of the beautiful humanity that showed up Harvey blew into town.
- DEFINE foods new organic tea line. These six new blends from DEFINE tea are all unique in their flavor and their benefits, but they all have one thing in common – they are full of antioxidant rich ingredients designed to make you feel your best from the inside out. Take the time to mindfully make yourself a cup of the brew you’re needing and enjoy.
- These gorgeous wide leg crops from Ann Taylor. Once again, Ann Taylor is killing it. I saw these pants on someone recently and had to go up to her and ask where they were from. Wear with a clog or chunky heel to balance out the width.