I’ve been working on gift guides for weeks, but I have to say this one is my favorite, because I get to shout out to some of the most talented and creative ladies I know **in real life!**. This weekend, take some time to click through and check out these shaker and maker’s sites and give some truly unique gifts this season. Many of them are offering deals over this weekend so be sure to check their sites for discount codes!
1. Designed by my l’amica italiana, typebaby is based in Chicago but ships across the country. The birthday tees are cute and soft and make great gifts and the wall art is perfect for a nursery or kid’s room.
2. The secret to my night-out look? Lashes by Lucky Cat Beauty. Owned by the uber talented Aubrie Layne, these custom designed lashes are easy to apply and last through several uses. My favorites are the Chi City, natch.
3. Define Foods has this adorable pack of recipe cards for sale and I just had to take one home with me. It includes 18 meat and dairy free recipes created by the beautiful and creative Erin Stewart.
4. My girl over at cuteheads sure knows how to make this boymom’s heart swoon. These beautiful dresses are handmade of the finest fabrics and perfect for the holidays…I just wish they came in my size!
5. Houston based Brass Thread is where you need to look if you’re in the market for something truly unique and custom. These beaded necklaces are to.die.for.
6. LAINIE LINE‘s designer and founder and I both transplanted from Northern California to Houston at the same time. I’m a big fan of her creative and sweet designs. They look great on their own or layer super well.
7. You simply haven’t had granola until you try the small batch goodness of Gray Gardens. On yogurt, with a little milk, or straight out of the bag, it’s as good as it gets!
8. So the owner and designer of Andrea Montgomery Designs and I have a funny story of how we met – simultaneously online AND in person. We instantly connected in both spaces, but didn’t put it together that we were the SAME PERSON for several weeks, until we saw each other in the school car pool line (true story). She’s a treasure as is all of the gorgeousness from her shop Andrea Montgomery Designs. I’m a big fan of arrows, so this necklace is right up my alley.
9. Manoosh’s Susan Scarf was created based on a fine art painting and a portion of proceeds from its sale go to ovarian cancer research. Wrap that all up in a luxurious silk and modal blend and you’ll be stylish and cozy all winter.
Author: Candace Thomas