As a (proud!) founding member of POPSUGAR Select Moms, I was offered one of their popular Must Have boxes to try out, and I really lucked out receiving the June box. I’m a big fan of subscription boxes and have tried many different brands over the last few years, and I have to say that (even) I was starting to fatigue on what felt like too many collections that included lots of samples and coupon cards but not enough substance. Let me just say that this is not the case with the Must Have box. Everything included is full size, in season, and on trend. The contents kind of blew me away. Typically boxes include one headline item, then a few smaller items (in price or wow-factor), but the June Must Have box included seven items and at least three of these could arguably be the headliner.
The summer vibe was evident the moment I opened the box, think citrus, beach, and BBQs….ahhhhh, are you in the mood? OK, here is what is included:
1) The One & Only by Emily Giffin. I can’t tell you how excited I am to crack into this big and juicy summer hardcover read by a best selling author. I will read a book that doesn’t rhyme this summer, I will!
2) Sachajuan Shiny Citrus Body Lotion. The lemon scent is bright and fresh, not Pledge-y at all. The lotion bottle is big and the design simple and apothecary looking. I’m a big fan of all things lemon scented so this lotion just earned first chair in my lineup.
3) Turkish-T beach towel. Although the size is definitely towel, this is much more of a lightweight cotton wrap. It could work as a very chic and hip beach towel if you didn’t plan to swim and absorbency is not your issue, but otherwise, I’m using this as a summer accessory. The fabric is breezy and dreamy – perfect to wrap around your shoulders in a restaurant or movie where the air conditioning is cranking.
4) Lemon Wet Wipes by You Smell. These wipes come in the cutest packaging and are perfect size for tossing in my bag. I’ve used one each day after working out at Define – just a quick little freshen up feels great and smells soooo good. These are definitely an item I plan to purchase more of – a wet wipe for grown ups – wish I thought of it myself!
5) Hair Ties by Lollies. Three cute hair ties made from swimsuit fabric. They are stretchy and don’t snag my hair, which is pulled up into a bun or pony about 98% of the time. I wore one on my wrist today and received a compliment for my bracelet – they are that cute.
6) Hawaiian BBQ chips by One Potato Two Potato. I really wish I could tell you more about these chips, other than the packaging is cute, but my boys gobbled them up before I could eat even one. And I *love* BBQ chips – they are by far my favorite junk food to indulge in every once in a while. They loved them, so you have their word for it.
7) $15 Gift card to Native Union as a Special Extra. I haven’t heard of Native Union before, but I’m super impressed by their website. They have really unique iPhone cases made of wood and metal, speakers, and other gadgetry in really innovate designs. I’m not sure how I’m going to spend my $15 yet, but I’ll let you know.
Want to try a Must Have box for yourself? The folks at POPSUGAR have a special discount just for readers of Select Bloggers where you can save $10 on a 3-month subscription. Click here to sign up and enter code JUNESELECT10 by June 30, 2014 to get this great deal.
So, what would you say is the headline item of this box? I know – it’s a hard decision. The hardcover book, the beach towel/wrap, the lotion? I just can’t decide, but I do know that I’m super impressed by POPSUGAR’s great theme and high quality products. Welcome, summer!
POPSUGAR provided me with a complimentary POPSUGAR Must Have box. As always, the opinions I have shared about the box are my own and POPSUGAR did not tell me what to say or how to say it.
Author: Candace Thomas