Hi everyone, I have to tell you that I LOVE Trader Joe’s and that this is NOT an ad or sponsored post at all – just true love. The boys and I had a great trip yesterday and stocked up on some of our favorite items. I’ve seen many “Top 10 Items from TJ’s” before and I said to myself, I just have to share our personal favorites, too! We are lucky to have a Trader Joe’s close to us, but honestly I only make it there once every couple of months. I tend to shop around and purchase certain items from certain stores or markets. Yesterday’s haul was full of our favorites and we had a great time. Is everyone nice there? I think so. I mean, we went to DISNEYLAND a couple weeks ago and I have to say the customer service at every Trader Joe’s I’ve been to rivals the team there. OK, I’ll get on with it…from left to right.
1. Beans. Tex Mex, Mexican, Taco night, basically every night in our house is wrapped up in some sort of tortilla. These refried beans are vegetarian (key for me) and have a little pepper in them, but not spicy. They are SO good that I bought 6 cans.
2. Coconut oil. It’s organic, the price is great, and it is the main oil I use in baking these days. I also like the taste and drop it by the spoonful in my smoothies for a little good fat.
3. Maple Syrup. 100% pure and if you use the icky corn syrup stuff you need to immediately purchase this. Nature’s goodness. Again, the price is great! This huge jug is $16.99 at our store.
4. Cold Brew. Because Texas, y’all! Has Cold Brew hit your town yet? This is great for an afternoon pick me up or a busy morning when you don’t have time to brew a full pot. You simply dilute with water or milk (I use almond for a delicious latte!)
5. Multigrain Pancake and Baking Mix. Consider this the Bisquick of good for you mixes. The pancakes are the best – even better than my homemade mixes I put together on occasion. They just nailed the grains.
6. Organic low sodium vegetable broth. I use this for everything from soups to risotto to steaming veggies. A pantry staple.
7. Morello cherries. OK, this one may be weird to you, but they are SO good on ice cream and to.die.for in The Pioneer Woman’s Cherry Cake Pudding which is why I originally purchased them years ago when living in Chicago. Phew. I’m in the middle of a cleanse right now and I almost just licked my screen thinking about that Cherry Cake Pudding.
8. Organic unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Another pantry staple with so many uses. I was just talking with a friend yesterday who soaks nuts in water with a dash of this vinegar before eating, need to try that.
9. Pizza Sauce. I love that it comes in a jar not a can, with all the talk of BPA and leaching with tomatoes and cans…yadda yadda. I’m not an expert on any of that BUT I do like when I don’t have to worry! We do lots of pizza nights at home and this sauce is delish. I also like the ready-made pizza dough in the cheese section!
10. Front Row – – – this is a two-fer. Almond Butter & Fruit Spread, key staples for all mommies. The Trader Joe’s Almond Butter is delicious and has the best price, especially since we click through a jar every few days as we use it in sandwiches, on snacks and in smoothies. The organic super fruit jam is the best sidekick.
So there you have it! My Top 10 (11) favorite items from Trader Joe’s. Now tell me, what are yours?
Author: Candace Thomas