It’s finally Spring! Here I am in my most-used room in my house, our laundry room. I love my top loading LG Washer and Dryer pair. The capacity is so huge that it has cut my loads in half. Now, if only someone could fold and put the clothes away…
I have some great tips for getting a fresh start this season for Home, Garden, Wardrobe, Health & Wellness, and your Food, including this delicious and easy Spring Farro recipe, over on the LG blog. Check it out!
Farro with Spring Peas, Asparagus and Grapes
1 cup Farro
2 cups Vegetable broth
1 small Scallion, chopped
1 cup shelled fresh or frozen peas (defrosted)
1 cup Asparagus tips
1/4 cup fresh Mint, roughly chopped
1 cup seedless Red Grapes, halved
Juice from one Lemon
Tablespoon Olive Oil
Freshly grated parmesan (optional)
1. Combine farro and vegetable broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer until farro is tender, but al dente, about 25-30 minutes.
3. Drain and cool.
4. Quick steam the asparagus tips until they are bright green but still crunchy.
5. Remove from steam and rinse gently in cold water to cool.
6. Toss asparagus, grapes, scallion, peas, mint in the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
7. Fold in cooled farro and mix until coated.
8. Adjust olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Chill covered for about 10 minutes, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Author: Candace Thomas