How’s that for a hilarious header picture? It’s literally a selfie with me + my friend Sara of Simply Ollie on the set of the A Couture Cause photoshoot. I’m wearing zero makeup and rocking a mom bun, but I AM however, wearing Sara’s super cute military style vest which is what inspired this whole post. I am also wearing a ribbon choker which I can’t even begin to tell you how happy it makes me that this trend is back. My 90s high school style is coming out big time!
See, I can’t stop thinking about it, and the whole idea got me thinking…vests really are the best way to transition to fall. It’s still pretty hot here in Texas (correction: really hot) so even though the calendar wants me to be cozying up in sweaters, boots & a pumpkin latte, it’s hard to do that when it’s still in the 90s most days. ENTER THE VEST! Just layer this baby over what you already have, and voila! You are moving towards fall, fashion-wise at least.
Here’s a round up of my favorites.
[show_ms_widget id=”35951499″ image_id=”41801187″ width=”735″ height=”1102″]
On the dressy side
1. This chambray vest can take a basic white tee and denim to the next level, and can even be perfect for the workplace.
2. Think about this wool vest over a silky top, leather leggings, and some booties or heels. You can go straight from work to happy hour in this look!
3. The perfect classic quilted vest with some gold buttons for extra shine. I like this over all black with knee high boots. Perfect pumpkin-picking outfit!
4. This slightly longer and lighter colored version of the utility vest is on my list!
A little edgy
5. Too soon for the moto jacket? Go with a moto vest! Looks great paired over a sweet top and denim.
Author: Candace Thomas