OK, here we go. Top Five things to really get your week started off in the right direction.
1. This video of a baby emerging from a swaddle blanket set to music is by far the cutest thing I’ve seen all week. I could watch it all day. AND I also have Miley Cyrus in my head now.
2. The city jogger pant from Athleta. I’m wearing them right now as I type this, no joke. They are SO comfortable and super cute on. You can wear them with flip flops or sneakers and a tee or tank for a casual, sport, yet not yoga pants look. I’ve had them for about a month now and I have washed them multiple times. They haven’t faded, pilled or shrunk at all. You do want them to be a little fitted, and I actually sized down to a size 2. You need them.
3. The Dope Ass Mom Summit. OK, I’m kind of plugging myself here, BUT, I’m super excited, honored, and humbled to be a small part of this inaugural summit coming up in Chicago on April 29th. I’m a total #fangirl of all the ladies on the panel, and Andrea is equal parts witty, funny, sincere, and loving. Come out to see it LIVE if you are in the area.
4. Brush-on Sunscreen. YES. Since it’s already in the 80s here in Texas, my sunscreen usage is on double time. I’ve been intrigued by the brush-on/powder sunscreens in the past because how can you reapply sunscreen when you already have makeup on? Most of the time I’m at the pool or makeup free, but there are the days where I’m at a lunch or work meeting and need to reapply the protection. Enter the Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen from colorescience. It’s SPF 50 and has NO chemical sunscreens – it’s mineral based titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It’s super easy to use and fits in your purse. Also, the brand is super cheeky and fun – their tag line is “OK, but first sunscreen” and the inside of their box says Self Care is Not Self-Indulgence. Self Care is Self Respect. I mean, the inside of this packaging truly inspired me today – and this is one of the MAIN TOPICS we’ll be covering at The Dope Ass Mom Summit (see #3 above). I’m wearing the medium tone.
5. Last but not least, Gap has a HUGE sale going on and I’ve stocked up on simple t shirts and shorts for the boys.
Have a GREAT week!