Last weekend’s Mamas + Makers event was such fun and a huge success for all the local vendors! The doors opened at 11 am and it was packed – I mean PACKED – by 11:10am. There were tons of local mamas and their awesome products, a food truck, music, face painting, cotton candy, and crafts! I hosted the craft station, and we had so many families and their littles pass through to color, paint, or string some beads.
Our station was pretty simple – I had crayons, colored pencils, washable watercolor paints, tons of coloring pages, beads, and some string.
There’s nothing like a fresh box of crayons! I liked observing what the children gravitated to. Most wanted to paint – the idea of getting a little messy is always fun, right?
Some other kiddos loved the beads, and put their little hands in the bead dishes and just played with them. There’s something very meditative about beads. When my boys are getting a little wound up, it can work like magic to bring out beads and string and just let them have some quiet time. The concentration, the repetitiveness, the end result – bead crafts are definitely something to keep on hand, especially during these long & hot days of summer.
Back to the market. Ahhh – such fun. I did take a couple of breaks to walk around and see what was being offered by the talented Houston makers, and because I looooooooove to share the good stuff, I put together a mix of some of my favorite things to give away to ONE lucky reader!
This quick pic doesn’t do it all justice! From upper left:
- Super cute & hip cuteheads bandana bib. The mama behind cuteheads, Esther, is a great friend and the co-creator of Mamas + Makers. These bibs are one of my favorite gifts for new littles.
- Koala & Rawr handmade soap…with a little gnome inside. What fun! (I bought 2 others for my boys!)
- ONE ticket to the Fall edition of The Mommie Series ($60 value!) PLUS a big bag of swag from their vendors. I was a speaker last year at The Mommie Series and it is always a blast – education + girls night out = win!
- From J to Z, the adorably sweet + clever story book by my girl Megan. You and your kids will love this book!
- TWO greeting cards from the talented Julie Lauren. I love sending notes, and these will inspire you to send some love!
- This teether is sooooo cool. I wish they had these when my boys were little! Feltman & Co has nailed it with design and functionality. Also, spoiler if you’re either my bff or one of my cousins who recently had a baby, expect one of these soon. 🙂
So here’s how to enter. Head over to my Instagram, be sure you are following me, and comment on this picture. That’s it! One winner will be randomly chosen today (8/4) at 5pm Houston time. NO shipping, must live locally in Houston, and there’s no substitutions or cash value. These are the exact items you’ll receive. If you were at the market and entered there – I already have your entry!
Author: Candace Thomas